Im working on a Social Science question and need guidance to help me study.
SCHOLARLY RESEARCH TERM PAPER GUIDELINES
Social Work 110 2020
Part I: Cover Page, Abstract, and the Literature Review section due on Tuesday, September 22, 2020, submitted through Canvas (10% of final grade).
Part II: Add Field of Service section, References Page, and Annotated Bibliography due on Thursday Thursday, October 22, 2020, submitted through Canvas (10% of final grade).
The Research Term Paper Assignment
Social Work 110 requires all students to write a 10-11 page (including cover page, abstract, references, and annotated bibliography pages) scholarly research term paper on a field of service in the social work profession, in the American Psychological Association (APA) format.
Your Paper Will Consist of the Following:
You will submit the paper in two parts:
Part I – Cover page, abstract, Literature Review
Part II – Field of Service, References page, Annotated Bibliography
What are the Objectives of the Assignment (Student Learning Outcomes)?
A. To assure that each student by the end of the semester will be able to demonstrate the ability to research, interpret, and report information related to a specific field of social work practice, grammatically correct APA (American Psychological Association) format. These skills are essential in social work education.
1. Acquire knowledge and gain insight into a specific field of social work service
2. Gain an understanding of the values and ethics that impact social workers in this field
3. Demonstrate a beginning knowledge of how to consult and utilize research evidence to inform ongoing policy and practice
4. Demonstrate knowledge and application of APA format
Social Work Service to Write About (pages 21-26 main text)
Social worker with Disabilities
*** You can narrow your focus: For example: If your topic is Criminal Justice and Corrections, you could focus on the specific area of Juvenile Delinquency ***
What Are The Research Requirements?
Begin your research for appropriate and relevant reference materials. Use the topic headings to help you identify the areas of focus.
What are the Literature Requirements?
1. You will need at least one book or e-book
a. Choose a book that focuses mainly on the field of service that you have chosen (textbooks can be used as a supplemental source, but not the main source).
b. The course textbook from Social Work 110 cannot be used as a reference.
c. The book should be written by a professional in the field of social work or a closely related field.
2. You will need three scholarly articles – What is a scholarly article?
a. A scholarly article is written by a professional and is usually contained in a professional journal.
b. Social work journals and articles written for the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) are good examples of appropriate references.
c. Social Work Today is an online/hard copy magazine that often has scholarly research articles available; it is available in the Cuyamaca Library.
d. You can also use journal articles from other related professions such as psychology, psychiatry, nursing, pediatrics, and education.
e. Articles, research, and statistics from the Federal Government are acceptable.
f. You can also use e-scholarly articles.
g. Popular culture magazines, newspaper articles, and websites are not appropriate for scholarly research (Examples: Wikipedia and about.com).
*Please be sure that all resources include author/s and dates. Undated books, articles, or websites will not be accepted.
Important Research Specifics
1. All resources must be from the United States of America
2. All resources must be no older than 2010. The date must be included!
Locating Your Research
The Cuyamaca Library (Library building, LRC/C)
1. The librarians have a copy of the Scholarly Research Term Paper Guidelines. They are all very skilled in helping students find appropriate resources and materials for this research assignment. The Cuyamaca Library has also purchased a large number of new books that will help social work students with this research term paper.
2. For assistance with research contact a librarian in person at the reference desk on the 2nd floor.
3. There is also an extensive online library that includes e-books and e-articles specifically for the subject of social work.
4. For online reference assistance: http://www.cuyamaca.edu/library
For Social Work Resources (e-books and e-articles):
Accessing Resources from Cuyamaca Library
1. The Cuyamaca College Librarians can reserve books from the SDSU Library at no cost to Cuyamaca students. Scholarly articles are also available from SDSU.
Part I of the Research Term Paper
The Topic Headings Content of the Scholarly Research Term Paper
A. Below are the topic headings as provided by San Diego State University for the Literature Review and Field of Service.
1. A literature review is a way of organizing, summarizing, and critiquing a topic to inform the reader about a problem or issue.
2. It allows you to examine the research question, topic, problem, or issue in greater detail by considering what other people’s writings and studies have shown.
Topic Headings for the Literature Review
?Define the field of service
?Drawing from the literature, describe in detail the following:
1.What is the target population? (Who are the clients in need of service? Include information regarding the age ranges, gender, and socioeconomic status)
2.What are the practice methods that social workers use in this field? Indicate micro and/or macro practice methods.
3.What is the role of the social worker in this field?
Part II of the Research Term Paper
Topic Headings for the Field of Service
The Bibliography or References Section
1. There will be one References section for both parts of the paper, located at the end of the paper, in APA format. A sample APA format References page is available with a sample APA format paper located in Canvas under Files.
The Annotated Bibliography
Each annotated reference should include these three parts:
An instructor sample of an Annotated Bibliography for this assignment is located in Canvas under Assignment.
Resources for Writing an Annotated Bibliography (Owl Purdue)
For the definition and purpose of an Annotated Bibliography, click on the link below. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/01/
For a general sample of an Annotated bibliography in APA format, click on this link: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/03/
Annotated Bibliographies will be graded based on the Summary, Assessment and Evaluation and Reflection: outlined above.
Guidelines for the Research Term Paper Assignment (See Example Research Paper located on Canvas within Files).
Use APA Formatting (American Psychological Association)
1. Please consult the APA Style Essentials for general document guidelines such as the title page, abstract, body of the paper, text citations and quotations, and references (located in Canvas under Files)
2. A sample APA Format paper is available in Canvas under Files.
Goals of the Research Paper
1. Provide various viewpoints by discussing what others have written or reported about the topic.
2. Assess the strengths and limitations of the literature, identify and comment on the major themes found in the literature, and offer a critique of the work.
3. You need to base your perspective on your research findings and critical analysis of the literature review.
Final Paper is the finished product that includes a college-level discussion of the topic with accompanying research and supporting evidence.
1. All required topics in Parts I & II are covered accurately, with supporting research.
2. There is an analysis of the literature that you reviewed.
3. The paper is written in APA format, including citations and the References page.
4. Grammar, organization, and writing are at the collegiate level.
5. Please refer to the term paper guidelines in this document for all requirements.
A Helpful Resource for Writing the Scholarly Research Term Paper
The Writing Center at Cuyamaca College
Location: Communication and Arts Building B167
1. The Writing Center offers tutoring to assist you with organization, grammar, syntax, punctuation, proofreading, editing, and APA format. The staff will have a copy of the research term paper guidelines. They are very familiar with this assignment, and are skilled in helping students with research papers.
2. Students who utilize the services of the Writing Center consistently tend to produce high-quality research papers.
3. Be sure to make appointments with the Writing Center well in advance. This is especially true if you need multiple appointments. It is the job of the Writing Center to teach writing. As your instructor, I am available to help interpret the assignment.
Assuring Academic Honesty and Avoiding Plagiarism
Always cite your sources in APA format. Failing to cite sources is considered plagiarism, which is a form of academic dishonesty.
1. What is Plagiarism?
a. Plagiarism is a form of academic dishonesty and will be treated seriously.
b. According to the 2016-2017 Cuyamaca College Catalogue, plagiarism is defined as the act of taking ideas, words or specific substantive material of another and offering them as ones own without giving credit to the source (page 30). Writers give credit to sources by using citations.
c. According to Richard Nordquist, a citation is a source quoted in an essay, report or book to clarify, illustrate, or substantiate a point (About.com).
d. A detailed description of plagiarism and accompanying consequences are located on page 30 in the 2016-2017 Cuyamaca College Catalogue under Academic Honesty/Dishonesty.
2. Common Examples of Plagiarism
a. Submitting a paper with someone elses ideas, opinions, or research without citing the appropriate source
b. Paraphrasing without citing the appropriate source
c. Submitting the same paper in more than one class
d. Submitting a paper as your work that was written by another person
e. Submitting a paper that was purchased from the Internet or elsewhere
When in doubt, use a citation. Citations show that you made the effort to give credit where it is due. Always provide a list of References after your paper.
Submit Your Research Paper to VeriCite via Canvas on the due dates indicated on the first page of this document.
Also work cited.
Why should I choose Homework Writings Pro as my essay writing service?
We Follow Instructions and Give Quality Papers
We are strict in following paper instructions. You are welcome to provide directions to your writer, who will follow it as a law in customizing your paper. Quality is guaranteed! Every paper is carefully checked before delivery. Our writers are professionals and always deliver the highest quality work.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Reasonable Prices and Free Unlimited Revisions
Typical student budget? No problem. Affordable rates, generous discounts - the more you order, the more you save. We reward loyalty and welcome new customers. Furthermore, if you think we missed something, please send your order for a free review. You can do this yourself by logging into your personal account or by contacting our support..
Essay Delivered On Time and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Your essay will arrive on time, or even before your deadline – even if you request your paper within hours. You won’t be kept waiting, so relax and work on other tasks.We also guatantee a refund in case you decide to cancel your order.
100% Original Essay and Confidentiality
Anti-plagiarism policy. The authenticity of each essay is carefully checked, resulting in truly unique works. Our collaboration is a secret kept safe with us. We only need your email address to send you a unique username and password. We never share personal customer information.
24/7 Customer Support
We recognize that people around the world use our services in different time zones, so we have a support team that is happy to help you use our service. Our writing service has a 24/7 support policy. Contact us and discover all the details that may interest you!
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our reputation for excellence in providing professional tailor-made essay writing services to students of different academic levels is the best proof of our reliability and quality of service we offer.
When using our academic writing services, you can get help with different types of work including college essays, research articles, writing, essay writing, various academic reports, book reports and so on. Whatever your task, homeworkwritingspro.com has experienced specialists qualified enough to handle it professionally.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our professional editor will check your grammar to make sure it is free from errors. You can rest assured that we will do our best to provide you with a piece of dignified academic writing. Homeworkwritingpro experts can manage any assignment in any academic field.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.