Im stuck on a Film question and need an explanation.
The appropriate assigned films would be: Flower Drum Song, Always Be My Maybe, The Cheat, Daughter of the Dragon, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Kill Bill Vol 1 Matrix, To All the Boys I Loved Before (1 and/or 2), or Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle. You may also choose ANY OTHER US/Hollywood film that casts an Asian or Asian American performer in a significant role, such as Crazy Rich Asians or Karate Kid, (Also consider any of the films mentioned in The Slanted Screen or Slaying the Dragon, such as Breakfast at Tiffanys ) However, films made by Asian film studios, such as Ip Man, are not eligible films for this review those films can be reviewed for Unit 3 . (Also consider any of the films mentioned in The Slanted Screen or Slaying the Dragon.) If you have any questions if your film choice is appropriate, please discuss on the message boards.
Your review should be a minimum of 2 pages, double spaced. You do not have to follow any academic formatting, but your review should be clearly written and proofread for spelling and grammar. Your paper should also integrate lecture topics (such as Stereotypes, Orientalism) into your review.
Ive tailored the review using the 5 aspects of the circuit of culture. You need to address every point in each category.
1. Introduction: Briefly describe the film date of production, filmmaker, main characters & plot synopsis. Discuss why you chose this film to review. What was your initial interest in this film? Keep your plot synopsis BRIEF (1 paragraph) you do not need to discuss the entire storyline. That is, NO SPOILERS in the introduction!
2. Consumption of Culture: Describe your viewing experience of the film. How did you watch this film (on TV? Smart device? Theater? With family/friends? On your own?) What are your immediate thoughts and feelings about the film? Briefly evaluate the film in terms of plot, acting, cinematography, special effects.
3. Representation of Culture: Overall, how were Asians represented in the film? Choose one Asian character and describe how the character fits into some of the stereotypes discussed in this class and/or how the character breaks stereotypes. If you were the filmmaker, how would you change the character to better portray Asians?
4. Identity of Culture: How meaningful is this film to your personal identity? To what extent did you personally relate to a specific characters or theme of the film? As tied into the Consumption of Culture, would you purchase a T-shirt, book, or other product related to this film, or even cosplay as one of the characters? Would you purchase the DVD to own this film?
5. Regulation of Culture: What was the filmmaker trying to say about real life culture in this film? Describe an important scene in the film that addresses a central issue or theme of the film. Has this film made a significant impact in the history of film, or in society in general such as creating new heroes or stereotypes? Ultimately, has this film made an impact to our society?
6. Production of Culture: Do some background research on how this film was produced. That is, how did this film come to be? How did this film change through its production consider changes in directors/casting/editing and post-production.
7. Conclusion: Summarize your opinions of this film. Would you recommend this film to family and friends? Why or why not?
Why should I choose Homework Writings Pro as my essay writing service?
We Follow Instructions and Give Quality Papers
We are strict in following paper instructions. You are welcome to provide directions to your writer, who will follow it as a law in customizing your paper. Quality is guaranteed! Every paper is carefully checked before delivery. Our writers are professionals and always deliver the highest quality work.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Reasonable Prices and Free Unlimited Revisions
Typical student budget? No problem. Affordable rates, generous discounts - the more you order, the more you save. We reward loyalty and welcome new customers. Furthermore, if you think we missed something, please send your order for a free review. You can do this yourself by logging into your personal account or by contacting our support..
Essay Delivered On Time and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Your essay will arrive on time, or even before your deadline – even if you request your paper within hours. You won’t be kept waiting, so relax and work on other tasks.We also guatantee a refund in case you decide to cancel your order.
100% Original Essay and Confidentiality
Anti-plagiarism policy. The authenticity of each essay is carefully checked, resulting in truly unique works. Our collaboration is a secret kept safe with us. We only need your email address to send you a unique username and password. We never share personal customer information.
24/7 Customer Support
We recognize that people around the world use our services in different time zones, so we have a support team that is happy to help you use our service. Our writing service has a 24/7 support policy. Contact us and discover all the details that may interest you!
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our reputation for excellence in providing professional tailor-made essay writing services to students of different academic levels is the best proof of our reliability and quality of service we offer.
When using our academic writing services, you can get help with different types of work including college essays, research articles, writing, essay writing, various academic reports, book reports and so on. Whatever your task, homeworkwritingspro.com has experienced specialists qualified enough to handle it professionally.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our professional editor will check your grammar to make sure it is free from errors. You can rest assured that we will do our best to provide you with a piece of dignified academic writing. Homeworkwritingpro experts can manage any assignment in any academic field.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.