Im trying to study for my Law course and I need some help to understand this question.
1. -Should the United States legalize the consumption of recreational marijuana and treat it similarly to the consumption of alcoholic beverages? What issues or problems may arise from that policy choice? Underage drinking is a serious issue for many reasons, including the potential for drunk driving accidents that may result in injury or even death. Who do you think should be held criminally responsible for underage drinking at events such as fraternity parties?
Make sure to provide two arguments that explain your positions supported by current data.
2. Is there a risk that the Supreme Courts decision could limit the ability of rappers, songwriters, and poets to express themselves in stark terms? Is the risk of harm different, either greater or reduced, because any threat-like statements are announced to a broader audience than are traditional criminal threats sent to an individual?
Create a test that could be used to distinguish actual criminal threats from creative expression. Then, provide two examples of expressions that you believe show sufficient intent to justify a criminal conviction for making threats, and provide two examples that could be considered creative expression.
3. Many people envision police as criminal catchers and crime fighters, but in reality, the job is far more complex. List the key historical circumstances or developments that led to the definition of each era of policing. Then choose at least two service roles that are typical responsibilities of the modern police officer. Project into the future: What are some developments that could very well change policing and define one or more new eras in your lifetime?
4. The central issue involved in both of the MindTap exercises you have completed deal with accountability, and how police misconduct is viewed and handled by police departments and the communities they serve. Please address the following questions
Do you think that police use of excessive force is a problem in your state? Your country?
What evidence do you use to support this?
What are some newer approaches that police departments are taking to ensure their officers do not abuse their power and violate citizens’ rights?
Which of these do you think is the most effective, and why?
5. The Judicial Division and the Standing Committee on Judicial Independence completed the first online, fully searchable diversity database. The database, the only one of its kind, provides the current composition of minority judges on the state bench, both nationwide, by level of court and by method of judicial selection used by the states.
Review the database and the Diversity Action Plan, and then assume you are appointed to a special committee to create recommendations and guidelines to assist in ensuring that women and members of minority groups have equal opportunities to become judges. What would you propose and why? Present three recommendations.
6. In a jury trial, potential jurors are selected from a cross section of the local community. There is no requirement to have a certain education or background. The only requirement is to be a person of reasonable intelligence, who is not biased. For this discussion, respond to the following:
Do you think citizens drawn from the community are capable of setting aside their personal feelings and biases to judge an accused? Why or why not?
Are regular citizens able to understand complex concepts or emotional testimony? Why or why not?
Some other countries use mixed tribunals that include several judges and citizens deciding cases together. List two reasons why you think a mixed tribunal system in the United States would be favorable, or two reasons why you oppose mixed tribunals, and remember to support your choices.
7. The central issue in the “Chapter 15 You Decide Part I – Choose Your Path: A Tough Job” exercise you completed in MindTap revolves around the challenges involved with working in a prison setting. Identify the three models of incarceration that have predominated since the 1940s. What types of changes would you make if you were a prison administrator who wanted to attract and keep responsible and capable individuals as correctional officers in a modern prison today? Elaborate on at least two of these.
8. Millions of children are involved in the global sex trade every year. The sex trade is run by the demand, and it is profitable for traffickers and pimps, among others. After watching the video, please discuss your thoughts on adopting tougher laws toward the perpetrators, while decriminalizing the individuals committing prostitution. How can this be accomplished? What type of rehabilitation efforts would be helpful for the victims?
Why should I choose Homework Writings Pro as my essay writing service?
We Follow Instructions and Give Quality Papers
We are strict in following paper instructions. You are welcome to provide directions to your writer, who will follow it as a law in customizing your paper. Quality is guaranteed! Every paper is carefully checked before delivery. Our writers are professionals and always deliver the highest quality work.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Reasonable Prices and Free Unlimited Revisions
Typical student budget? No problem. Affordable rates, generous discounts - the more you order, the more you save. We reward loyalty and welcome new customers. Furthermore, if you think we missed something, please send your order for a free review. You can do this yourself by logging into your personal account or by contacting our support..
Essay Delivered On Time and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Your essay will arrive on time, or even before your deadline – even if you request your paper within hours. You won’t be kept waiting, so relax and work on other tasks.We also guatantee a refund in case you decide to cancel your order.
100% Original Essay and Confidentiality
Anti-plagiarism policy. The authenticity of each essay is carefully checked, resulting in truly unique works. Our collaboration is a secret kept safe with us. We only need your email address to send you a unique username and password. We never share personal customer information.
24/7 Customer Support
We recognize that people around the world use our services in different time zones, so we have a support team that is happy to help you use our service. Our writing service has a 24/7 support policy. Contact us and discover all the details that may interest you!
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our reputation for excellence in providing professional tailor-made essay writing services to students of different academic levels is the best proof of our reliability and quality of service we offer.
When using our academic writing services, you can get help with different types of work including college essays, research articles, writing, essay writing, various academic reports, book reports and so on. Whatever your task, homeworkwritingspro.com has experienced specialists qualified enough to handle it professionally.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our professional editor will check your grammar to make sure it is free from errors. You can rest assured that we will do our best to provide you with a piece of dignified academic writing. Homeworkwritingpro experts can manage any assignment in any academic field.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.