I need help with a Film question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
(1) Discuss why “Talk to Her” could be considered a post-modernist narrative. What common postmodernist themes / characteristics can you point out? (Irony? Black humor? Unusual and broken narrative? Pastiche of genres? Anything else?)
(2) Almodovar sees “Talk to Her” as a film about “narration” or “a celebration of narration in itself.” Discuss the unconventional (verbal and nonverbal) modes of storytelling employed in the film (think of dance, song, bullfighting, travel guides, photographs, silent film as various forms of storytelling). How does the film’s disjointed timeline, seemingly disconnected sequences, and shifting point-of-views contribute to the storytelling process?
(3) Discuss the character of Benigno. Some critics have argued that – although this character commits a morally heinous crime – his deed never strikes the viewer with the force that it deserves because the director aesthetically mutes its impact. Discuss how Almodovar presents this character’s “duality” (consider Benigno’s consistently kindly demeanor, his seeming integrity, genuineness and authenticity; the displacement of brutality and violence (rape) onto an ostensibly comic silent film; etc.) Does the director, in fact, invite the audience to embrace an improper moral attitude (feel sorry for the rapist)?
(4) Why is the film titled Talk to Her? How does the film address the theme of speaking, silence, and communication? What is the role of the silent film within the film?
and write two short peer reviews about those:
“1. Talk to her is post modern because of the use of irony and black humor. There is a mix of genre present within the film that also shows the postmodernism. There is also no meaning to the actions of the film, which again sets it in postmodern since modern finds meaning.
2. The film used interesting ways to narrate the story. Silent film was a big one that was used to show unspoken thoughts of Benigno specifically. He had a connection to these films and they were used to “speak” his thoughts without saying anything. Dancing and bullfighting also showed narration through movements and foreshadowed future events. The film starts with the musical and shows the two women dancing that had their eyes closed and were unresponsive to their surroundings. This was a narration for Alicia and Lydia being in comas. The movements in dance and bullfighting tell about Alicia and Lydia as people. Alicia and dancing shows her elegance and love for arts, while Lydia having the profession of bullfighting shows her as a strong independent women. The disjointed timeline in the movie helps give context for the characters. Without this you wouldn’t know how they meet, or reasons for why they are currently in the hospital 24/7.
3. I do not like the character Benigno. I found him very creepy the entire film. He was a stalker for Alicia prior to her car accident, which made matters worse. I personally do not think myself as an audience member would ignore his actions because they are not normal and should have been stopped. For someone else watching they may overlook his actions because aside from being a stalker, Benigno appears to be a well rounded guy. He spent 15 years taking care of his mother, and even did school to make his duties more meaningful and useful. To someone from the outside he is a nice man who is good at his job nursing and really cares for people. Him having this genuine caring quality could be why people feel his actions were not taken seriously and you feel sorry for him.
4. The film has the title Talk to her because it is ironic. Neither of these men can actually speak to these women and receive a response, but they still have things to say. Benigno even tells Marco at one point while he is explaining his story with Alicia that he should talk to Lydia even though her brain isn’t functioning normally. Speaking silence and communication are shown through film and dance. There is a lot of places where silent films are used to describe the similar situation mostly with Benigno. The silent films and dancing are his connection to Alicia because that is what she enjoyed doing before she was in a coma. He got into these things afterwards to relate to her and to have things to talk to her about. “
Why should I choose Homework Writings Pro as my essay writing service?
We Follow Instructions and Give Quality Papers
We are strict in following paper instructions. You are welcome to provide directions to your writer, who will follow it as a law in customizing your paper. Quality is guaranteed! Every paper is carefully checked before delivery. Our writers are professionals and always deliver the highest quality work.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Reasonable Prices and Free Unlimited Revisions
Typical student budget? No problem. Affordable rates, generous discounts - the more you order, the more you save. We reward loyalty and welcome new customers. Furthermore, if you think we missed something, please send your order for a free review. You can do this yourself by logging into your personal account or by contacting our support..
Essay Delivered On Time and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Your essay will arrive on time, or even before your deadline – even if you request your paper within hours. You won’t be kept waiting, so relax and work on other tasks.We also guatantee a refund in case you decide to cancel your order.
100% Original Essay and Confidentiality
Anti-plagiarism policy. The authenticity of each essay is carefully checked, resulting in truly unique works. Our collaboration is a secret kept safe with us. We only need your email address to send you a unique username and password. We never share personal customer information.
24/7 Customer Support
We recognize that people around the world use our services in different time zones, so we have a support team that is happy to help you use our service. Our writing service has a 24/7 support policy. Contact us and discover all the details that may interest you!
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our reputation for excellence in providing professional tailor-made essay writing services to students of different academic levels is the best proof of our reliability and quality of service we offer.
When using our academic writing services, you can get help with different types of work including college essays, research articles, writing, essay writing, various academic reports, book reports and so on. Whatever your task, homeworkwritingspro.com has experienced specialists qualified enough to handle it professionally.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our professional editor will check your grammar to make sure it is free from errors. You can rest assured that we will do our best to provide you with a piece of dignified academic writing. Homeworkwritingpro experts can manage any assignment in any academic field.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.