Im studying and need help with a Psychology question to help me learn.
Watch the following video:
Your goal is to get rejected at least 5 times
(adapted from WikiHow.com)
Write requests on index cards.
You should be able to ask these questions, either to someone you know or to a stranger, and accept “no” for an answer. Write requests that you are likely to be turned down for, so that you can win more quickly.
Here are some examples:
Ask for something that you expect to be turned down for, because if the answer is “yes,” it doesn’t count.
- If someone says yes, it means you haven’t won yet! Grab another card or find a different person to ask.
- If someone says no, you won! Nod graciously, accept the answer, and walk away in triumph.
Be conscious of the other person’s boundaries, and make it clear that this is a casual request
(with no pressure).
- Keep all your requests and comments respectful of the other person’s body. Don’t say anything sexual or rude about their appearance.
- Take no for an answer. If the person says no, say “okay,” shrug your shoulders, and walk away.
- Recognize that some people have a very strong sense of stranger danger (particularly more vulnerable groups, such as women and disabled people). If the person seems too uncomfortable, apologize and leave
Try holding a practice session by explaining the game to a family member, and having them reject a request. Then move on to the request that feels least stressful to you
(for example, maybe you want to ask your friend to let you drive today).
This may be difficult if you are usually afraid of rejection. Give yourself a little extra pampering and remind yourself that it’s okay. It will get easier with practice. As you improve, you will begin to get used to strange looks, rude comments from grumpy people, and outright dismissal of everything youre “trying” to achieve.
Rejection therapy can help you become braver and more emotionally resilient, because you will become better able to handle a “no.”
- Be more aware of how irrational social fears control and restrict our lives
- Learn from, and even enjoy each and every new rejection
- Do not be attached to outcomes, especially when it involves the free agency of other people
- Permit yourself to fail
Write a self-reflection that includes:
- A summary of each rejection attempt (including fails)
- A summary of the experience of rejection from first trial to last trial and how that may change your behavior in the future
- Describe how the concept of rejection is socially constructed. Does changing the goal of a request from getting granted to being rejected change how we see rejection overall?
- Relate your observations to information in your text and/or other published scholarly works. At least two references are required, one of which may be your textbook. USE CH. 8 thinking, language, and intelligence. AND CH. 11 social psychology.
Paper should be three pages, add a reference page in APA Style. Be sure to start your paper with an introductory paragraph, giving an overview of your paper and ending in a thesis statement (the purpose of your paper). End your paper with a concluding paragraph, summarizing main themes of your paper. Your paper should be written in APA format and style (an abstract is not needed).
Why should I choose Homework Writings Pro as my essay writing service?
We Follow Instructions and Give Quality Papers
We are strict in following paper instructions. You are welcome to provide directions to your writer, who will follow it as a law in customizing your paper. Quality is guaranteed! Every paper is carefully checked before delivery. Our writers are professionals and always deliver the highest quality work.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Reasonable Prices and Free Unlimited Revisions
Typical student budget? No problem. Affordable rates, generous discounts - the more you order, the more you save. We reward loyalty and welcome new customers. Furthermore, if you think we missed something, please send your order for a free review. You can do this yourself by logging into your personal account or by contacting our support..
Essay Delivered On Time and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Your essay will arrive on time, or even before your deadline – even if you request your paper within hours. You won’t be kept waiting, so relax and work on other tasks.We also guatantee a refund in case you decide to cancel your order.
100% Original Essay and Confidentiality
Anti-plagiarism policy. The authenticity of each essay is carefully checked, resulting in truly unique works. Our collaboration is a secret kept safe with us. We only need your email address to send you a unique username and password. We never share personal customer information.
24/7 Customer Support
We recognize that people around the world use our services in different time zones, so we have a support team that is happy to help you use our service. Our writing service has a 24/7 support policy. Contact us and discover all the details that may interest you!
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our reputation for excellence in providing professional tailor-made essay writing services to students of different academic levels is the best proof of our reliability and quality of service we offer.
When using our academic writing services, you can get help with different types of work including college essays, research articles, writing, essay writing, various academic reports, book reports and so on. Whatever your task, homeworkwritingspro.com has experienced specialists qualified enough to handle it professionally.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our professional editor will check your grammar to make sure it is free from errors. You can rest assured that we will do our best to provide you with a piece of dignified academic writing. Homeworkwritingpro experts can manage any assignment in any academic field.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.