I need an explanation for this History question to help me study.
What is the purpose of this assignment?
1) To inspire students to think historically and to better understand the process of making history.
2) To inspire students to recognize how history can be used to better understand both the past and the present
3) To allow students to practice communicating their ideas in clear and accessible writing.
4) To advance student understanding on the nature of sport history and the history of sport at Georgia Tech
In 2-3 introductory paragraphs, introduce and describe the 2 photos you have selected, making sure to note sources and explain key information that will assist the reader in understanding what they are looking at (e.g., names, teams, sports, time periods, sport programs). Explain the significance of the 2 images and why the reader should be interested in reading more.
In the body paragraphs (roughly pages 2-4) the goal is to push beyond a purely descriptive mode and into an analytical framework. To do this, focus on the earliest photograph and create connections to its broader historical moment. You must draw on at least 2 scholarly secondary sources, including books or academic journal articles. How are wider historical, economic, and political forces (e.g. desegregation, WWII, the civil right movement, feminism, Title IX, etc.) shaping the sporting culture captured in the photo you selected?
In addition to the photographs, students will draw on digital resources provided by GT Archives including: Sport Program Guides, Blue Print (yearbooks), Bulletin and Announcements, and Alumni Magazine
Suggested secondary sources: Journal of Sport History (a journal that is available through the Georgia Tech Library) or digitalized books (also available through the library). Please consult the instructor if you would like any recommendations on key authors or themes.
3 single-sided, double-spaced pages in 12 point Times New Roman, with one-inch margins on all sides.
In order to think historically and approach your photographs as culturally, mediated artifacts consider the following tips:
– Slow down
– Observe carefully what a photograph says or shows
– Note the source of the document who made it, where it came from
– Note questions or confusions you have don’t dismiss them
– Draw on what you already know about the time period
– Compare other documents you have or know about, and look for agreement or disjunction
– Make a hypothesis a guess about the meaning of the event or place
– Figure out the type of evidence that you will need to support your hypothesis.
In order to develop a sense of social context, consider the following types of questions:
– What years or decades are most significant to your topic?
– Who are the key figures to focus on?
– What major shifts have taken place over time in relation to your topic?
– How did local, regional, national, or global events impact your topic?
– When did women become students at Georgia Tech? Has womens involvement shaped the development of your topic?
– When did Georgia Tech desegregate? When did Georgia Techs athletic teams desegregate? How has the diversity of your topic changed since its origins?
– Who was Georgia Techs first international student? What impact (if any) have international students and student-athletes had on your topic?
Why should I choose Homework Writings Pro as my essay writing service?
We Follow Instructions and Give Quality Papers
We are strict in following paper instructions. You are welcome to provide directions to your writer, who will follow it as a law in customizing your paper. Quality is guaranteed! Every paper is carefully checked before delivery. Our writers are professionals and always deliver the highest quality work.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Reasonable Prices and Free Unlimited Revisions
Typical student budget? No problem. Affordable rates, generous discounts - the more you order, the more you save. We reward loyalty and welcome new customers. Furthermore, if you think we missed something, please send your order for a free review. You can do this yourself by logging into your personal account or by contacting our support..
Essay Delivered On Time and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Your essay will arrive on time, or even before your deadline – even if you request your paper within hours. You won’t be kept waiting, so relax and work on other tasks.We also guatantee a refund in case you decide to cancel your order.
100% Original Essay and Confidentiality
Anti-plagiarism policy. The authenticity of each essay is carefully checked, resulting in truly unique works. Our collaboration is a secret kept safe with us. We only need your email address to send you a unique username and password. We never share personal customer information.
24/7 Customer Support
We recognize that people around the world use our services in different time zones, so we have a support team that is happy to help you use our service. Our writing service has a 24/7 support policy. Contact us and discover all the details that may interest you!
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our reputation for excellence in providing professional tailor-made essay writing services to students of different academic levels is the best proof of our reliability and quality of service we offer.
When using our academic writing services, you can get help with different types of work including college essays, research articles, writing, essay writing, various academic reports, book reports and so on. Whatever your task, homeworkwritingspro.com has experienced specialists qualified enough to handle it professionally.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our professional editor will check your grammar to make sure it is free from errors. You can rest assured that we will do our best to provide you with a piece of dignified academic writing. Homeworkwritingpro experts can manage any assignment in any academic field.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.