Im trying to learn for my History class and Im stuck. Can you help?
The purpose of discussion forum is to encourage you to debate and consider the questions of the week in depth – to provide the same opportunities that you might have in a class to teach and learn from each other.
For each module, you’ll receive fifteen to twenty questions, and you should write 100 to 150-word answers on TWO questions. I’ll be looking for clarity, specific information, and evidence that you are reading and learning from fellow students.
Please also be aware that you will not receive full credit for your post if you primarily summarize what others have already written.
For your response, you might want to consider responding to someone in your group. You can see your group on this page & I’ve set it so that you can edit it; feel free to shift yourself around or add yourself to a different group.
It makes sense to try to limit your post to 150-words to give your fellow students the possibility of also responding to the question.
Your post should add some substantive point to the discussion. For example, you could make reference to an event, individual, quote, or movement from the textbook; you could interpret the evidence in a new and different way from the existing posts; you could ask a question about something that you found puzzling or confusing; you could link evidence in other posts to the larger questions for the week, or you could ask an insightful question that spurs students to think more deeply about the material.
Here are some tips if you feel that what you have written has already been discussed.
I hope that you also see these discussion questions as prompts that will allow you to write answers to the question but also to comment on what you found most interesting in the chapter.
*Please put the number of words at the bottom of your post. Please do not include your quote in your word count.
Please remember that these contributions must be in your own words. Even for these informal assignments, as well as quizzes, a student who uses another’s words without proper attribution is committing plagiarism.
Finally you might consider “liking” posts that are well-written or lead you to think about the material in new ways.
Here are the questions for this week:
1. It has been said that the Romans managed to create a world that the Greeks had only dreamed about. To what extent do you think this is true?
2. Why was the last century of the Roman Republic filled with turmoil and civil discord? Was the violence a cause or a symptom of political dysfunction? Was the Roman Republic doomed? Could the Roman Republic have survived? Explain.
3. Discuss the career of Julius Caesar. How did he obtain power in Rome? Why was he assassinated?
4. Have a look at the map “Civil War of the Late Roman Republic, 49-45 BCE.” What accounts for the different locations to which Julius Caesar traveled? What might these travels and civil war sites reveal about the relative importance of different parts of the Roman Empire?
5. Rome succeeded where previous conquerors failed. The Roman Empire lasted for five hundred years in the west and nearly one thousand more years in the east. Why were the Romans more successful than Alexander the Great?
6. The section “Caesar’s Big Break” considers in depth a historical accident that opened the possibility for Julius Caesar’s dramatic role in history. Overall, throughout the class we are following the themes of chance and choice. What events demonstrate the important of chance or choice in the history of Julius Caesar?
Chance: the occurrence and development of events in the absence of any obvious design.
7. Discuss the struggle between Mark Antony and Octavian. Why might the Mediterranean world have turned in a different direction had Antony triumphed over Octavian?
8. Explain the success of Augustus in establishing a new imperial order in Rome. Why was he able to retain his popularity despite his authoritarian rule and his ending of Republican rule in which Romans had so much pride?
9. How did Rome and its empire benefit from Augustuss rule? How did he change the physical appearance and infrastructure of Rome itself? Draw on map 5.2 for your answers.
10. How and why did the cult of emperors begin under Augustus? What role did literary figures such as Virgil, Ovid, and Horace play in the growth of that cult? To what extent did Augustus himself nurture it?
11. One primary source for the chapter describes Augustus greatest accomplishments. How should we use this as a historical source? What aspects seem accurate and which seem exaggerated?
12. What was daily life like for a typical prosperous male Roman citizen? In what ways were women limited by their gender? How did social class impact how people lived?
13. What role did slavery play in the Roman Empire? Consider the questions associated with the section “The Antikythera Device”: “How might the institution of slavery have inhibited the invention of labor-saving devices and made small machines elite playthings?” How might individuals have used the Antikythera device?
14. Consider the question asked by our authors at the end of the chapter: “How and why was the second century CE Rome’s best imperial period?
15. What similarities or differences can you see between the Persian and Roman Empires?
16. Why was Roman expansion into a stable empire successful while Athenian expansion was not?
17. What other comparisons might you consider or want to develop that could shed light on this chapter’s themes?
Why should I choose Homework Writings Pro as my essay writing service?
We Follow Instructions and Give Quality Papers
We are strict in following paper instructions. You are welcome to provide directions to your writer, who will follow it as a law in customizing your paper. Quality is guaranteed! Every paper is carefully checked before delivery. Our writers are professionals and always deliver the highest quality work.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Reasonable Prices and Free Unlimited Revisions
Typical student budget? No problem. Affordable rates, generous discounts - the more you order, the more you save. We reward loyalty and welcome new customers. Furthermore, if you think we missed something, please send your order for a free review. You can do this yourself by logging into your personal account or by contacting our support..
Essay Delivered On Time and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Your essay will arrive on time, or even before your deadline – even if you request your paper within hours. You won’t be kept waiting, so relax and work on other tasks.We also guatantee a refund in case you decide to cancel your order.
100% Original Essay and Confidentiality
Anti-plagiarism policy. The authenticity of each essay is carefully checked, resulting in truly unique works. Our collaboration is a secret kept safe with us. We only need your email address to send you a unique username and password. We never share personal customer information.
24/7 Customer Support
We recognize that people around the world use our services in different time zones, so we have a support team that is happy to help you use our service. Our writing service has a 24/7 support policy. Contact us and discover all the details that may interest you!
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our reputation for excellence in providing professional tailor-made essay writing services to students of different academic levels is the best proof of our reliability and quality of service we offer.
When using our academic writing services, you can get help with different types of work including college essays, research articles, writing, essay writing, various academic reports, book reports and so on. Whatever your task, homeworkwritingspro.com has experienced specialists qualified enough to handle it professionally.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our professional editor will check your grammar to make sure it is free from errors. You can rest assured that we will do our best to provide you with a piece of dignified academic writing. Homeworkwritingpro experts can manage any assignment in any academic field.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.