The Choreographer questions
Part 1: The Choreographer – as Artist
1) The person who uses the medium of dance and movement to create art is called a ___________________.
2) What are the three elements a choreographer manipulates to create a dance?
3) T or F – All choreography communicates something.
4) T or F – All choreography has a literal or specific meaning.
5) What do you believe the author means by the statement “Dances must appear ‘seamless’ “?How do you think a choreographer accomplishes this?
6) What characteristics and traits does the author believe choreographers must possess? Which ofthese characteristics do YOU possess and how do you feel the characteristic(s) would be anasset if you were creating a dance?
7) T or F – The creative process is the same for all choreographers.
8) Of the types listed by the author, which type of choreographer can you most relate to? Or, if youwere a choreographer which type do you think you would be most like?
Part 2: The Choreographer – Space
9) 10) 11) 12) 13)
List the TEN elements that fall under the category of SPACE.What are the two perspectives that “SHAPE” can refer to? Explain each.What is the difference between positive and negative space?What are the three levels on which dance can be performed? Give an example of each.T or F – Choreographers have dancers face and move in different directions to create interest within a piece (a dance).Explain what is meant by the terms outward and inward focus.From whose perspective are stage directions labeled? Audience or Performer
To helpstage. The theatre stage sloped upwards, away from the audience. Such a design was typical of English theatre in the Middle Ages and early Modern era and improves the view and sound for spectators.
you better understand the terms “upstage” and “downstage”: Early stages were a rake or raked
So, performers literally walked uphill to move to the back of the stage (“Upstage”) and downhill when getting closer to the audience.
Part 3: Watch the following 5 videos. For the first four, list two things that stand out to you about the life and training of a dancer.
For the fifth (“A Dancer’s World), you do not have to watch the dance sections, only the parts where Martha Graham is speaking. You may, of course, watch it all. List 5 things that stood out to you from what she said about dance and dancers. Use thoughts from throughout the video so that I can tell you watched the entire video.
Part 4: Answer the following:
1) Define technique.
2) What is alignment? This is not specifically defined in the text. You may need to google or infer from the reading. List four alignment issues dancers need to be concerned about.
3) Dancers never stop training. How often should dancers dance?
4) What is somatics? Not defined in the text. List and briefly explain two body therapy or somatics that dancers may engage in.
5) Besides technique, what are other important attributes for a dancer to have?
Part 5: Answer the following:
1) What does the author mean by “audience as participant”?
2) What are ways that the author suggests for “understanding” dance better?
Answer ONE of the following:
3) Do you think that keeping an open mind when viewing dance is important? Why or why not? Give examples to support your argument.
4) Discuss the idea of “instant gratification.” How does it affect the way we view things, particularly dance? Do you think this issue is an American phenomenon, or does it occur worldwide?
Why should I choose Homework Writings Pro as my essay writing service?
We Follow Instructions and Give Quality Papers
We are strict in following paper instructions. You are welcome to provide directions to your writer, who will follow it as a law in customizing your paper. Quality is guaranteed! Every paper is carefully checked before delivery. Our writers are professionals and always deliver the highest quality work.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Reasonable Prices and Free Unlimited Revisions
Typical student budget? No problem. Affordable rates, generous discounts - the more you order, the more you save. We reward loyalty and welcome new customers. Furthermore, if you think we missed something, please send your order for a free review. You can do this yourself by logging into your personal account or by contacting our support..
Essay Delivered On Time and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Your essay will arrive on time, or even before your deadline – even if you request your paper within hours. You won’t be kept waiting, so relax and work on other tasks.We also guatantee a refund in case you decide to cancel your order.
100% Original Essay and Confidentiality
Anti-plagiarism policy. The authenticity of each essay is carefully checked, resulting in truly unique works. Our collaboration is a secret kept safe with us. We only need your email address to send you a unique username and password. We never share personal customer information.
24/7 Customer Support
We recognize that people around the world use our services in different time zones, so we have a support team that is happy to help you use our service. Our writing service has a 24/7 support policy. Contact us and discover all the details that may interest you!
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our reputation for excellence in providing professional tailor-made essay writing services to students of different academic levels is the best proof of our reliability and quality of service we offer.
When using our academic writing services, you can get help with different types of work including college essays, research articles, writing, essay writing, various academic reports, book reports and so on. Whatever your task, homeworkwritingspro.com has experienced specialists qualified enough to handle it professionally.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our professional editor will check your grammar to make sure it is free from errors. You can rest assured that we will do our best to provide you with a piece of dignified academic writing. Homeworkwritingpro experts can manage any assignment in any academic field.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.