Legislative Tracing and Policy Analysis
Your assignment is to develop an understanding of the complexities of policy creation in a “bicameral” legislature by performing a legislative tracing and policy analysis on a law. A bicameral legislature is a governing entity comprised of two houses, that is, the US Congress consists of the House of Representatives and the Senate. The introduction and passage of legislation is complex in that proposed legislation might be incorporated into another piece of legislation so that it will be passed. Tracing and analyzing the law from multiple levels helps to understand its purpose and application.
Select ONE of the following laws
National Cybersecurity Protection Act of 201
Go to http://www.house.gov/content/learn/legislative_process (Links to an external site.) to review the legislative process
Go to congress.gov, (Links to an external site.) select “all legislation,” and enter the name of the law that you have selected. On the left side of the page, select Status of Legislation, and only select the link that states “Became Law”.
When you have found the law, read all of the following “informational tabs”: Summaries (all available), Text if available, Titles, Actions, Amendments, Cosponsors, Committee information, related bills, etc.
Lastly, write an essay detailing what you have learned using the information provided in the scoring rubric! *Note that your essay must also be in APA format, NOT the format used in the rubric*
APA 7 Student format is required throughout the essay
Suggested Essay Length: 1350-2000 words plus an APA 7 Student format reference page.
Intro Paragraph – Provide an overview of the law chosen from the ones listed in the assignment page.
· National Cybersecurity Protection Act of 2014
Body Paragraphs – Legislative Tracking
Describe the following…
1. The legislation as it is presented in the all the “informational tabs”;
2. Who proposed the legislation in the House of Representatives and Senate;
3. The purpose of this legislation
4. Any outcomes of this legislation and whether a government agency has been directed to enact the legislation.
5. The history of the policy from the initial introduction of the legislation through the progress of the policy development, including, amendments, etc, to becoming a law as shown in the “Actions”.
Body Paragraphs – Policy Analysis
Discuss the following topics, taking care to organize paragraphs according to claims supported by analysis and examples.
Meaning, clarity, and consistency (1)
1. Is the policy clearly stated?
2. Can the intent of the policy be understood?
3. Are there examples of how the policy will be applied?
4. Is the intent of the policy addressed consistently within the body of the policy?
1. Is the policy ambiguous such that it might be plausibly interpreted in different ways?
2. Does the policy have established parameters?
3. Does the policy pertain to one or multiple topic areas?
Relationship with other policies (1)
1. Does the policy overwrite or contradict another policy?
2. Do you believe there may be contradictions in the policy?
3. Is the policy related to or part of another policy?
1. Are implementation methods clearly stated?
2. Is the entity responsible for implementation addressed?
3. Is there a time-frame for implementation of the policy?
Additions and Evaluation (1)
1. In your opinion, is the policy complete or does it require additional components; what do you believe should be added?
2. How will the effects of the policy be evaluated?
3. In your opinion are there any ethical implications associated with this policy? **
1. Discuss the aspect(s) of this legislation and the legislative process that were interesting and/or new to you.
2. Summarize what you have learned, observed and/or concluded through your reading and analysis of this law.
Adhere to formatting and structuring guidelines, including…
· APA 7 Student format ( ex. title page, page number in header, double-space, etc.)
· a reference page
· Introductory, body, and conclusion paragraphs
· MS .doc or .docx file
· Limited spelling and grammar errors
· 12-point font
Each major error is worth .25 of a point.
Why should I choose Homework Writings Pro as my essay writing service?
We Follow Instructions and Give Quality Papers
We are strict in following paper instructions. You are welcome to provide directions to your writer, who will follow it as a law in customizing your paper. Quality is guaranteed! Every paper is carefully checked before delivery. Our writers are professionals and always deliver the highest quality work.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Reasonable Prices and Free Unlimited Revisions
Typical student budget? No problem. Affordable rates, generous discounts - the more you order, the more you save. We reward loyalty and welcome new customers. Furthermore, if you think we missed something, please send your order for a free review. You can do this yourself by logging into your personal account or by contacting our support..
Essay Delivered On Time and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Your essay will arrive on time, or even before your deadline – even if you request your paper within hours. You won’t be kept waiting, so relax and work on other tasks.We also guatantee a refund in case you decide to cancel your order.
100% Original Essay and Confidentiality
Anti-plagiarism policy. The authenticity of each essay is carefully checked, resulting in truly unique works. Our collaboration is a secret kept safe with us. We only need your email address to send you a unique username and password. We never share personal customer information.
24/7 Customer Support
We recognize that people around the world use our services in different time zones, so we have a support team that is happy to help you use our service. Our writing service has a 24/7 support policy. Contact us and discover all the details that may interest you!
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our reputation for excellence in providing professional tailor-made essay writing services to students of different academic levels is the best proof of our reliability and quality of service we offer.
When using our academic writing services, you can get help with different types of work including college essays, research articles, writing, essay writing, various academic reports, book reports and so on. Whatever your task, homeworkwritingspro.com has experienced specialists qualified enough to handle it professionally.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our professional editor will check your grammar to make sure it is free from errors. You can rest assured that we will do our best to provide you with a piece of dignified academic writing. Homeworkwritingpro experts can manage any assignment in any academic field.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.